Supporting the Wellbeing of our Guests
COVID-19 HEALTH AND WELL-BEING HYGIENE PROTOCOLS AND SAFETY STANDARDS
We hope guests will enjoy their Stamford experience, safe in the knowledge that the highest standard of health and hygiene protocols are being stringently applied.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts has engaged the Environmental Health Consultancy (EHC), an Australian independent safety consultancy with 20 year's experience in guest safety services to certify our hotels and provide ongoing auditing of our Covid-19 guest safety practices under the "Rest Assured" program.
Beyond the "Rest Assured" program, EHC also regularly audit and certify our properties for HACCP certifications for our food service practices.
The initiatives below have been adopted to support our top priority in protecting the safety and well-being of our guests and colleagues.
- Hand sanitisers have been placed at reception, concierge, restaurants, conference rooms, staff canteen and back of house areas.
- Social distancing compliance signs have been placed in public areas including the lobby, reception, concierge, restaurants, gym and pool.
- Our team members will observe social distancing when interacting with guests.
- Clear signage is displayed to recommend numbers and avoid overcrowding in elevators.
- Furniture and exercise equipment has been rearranged to allow for proper social distancing.
- Valet parking services are suspended at hotels
FACE MASKS AND GLOVES
- Face masks and disposable gloves are available for all front and back of house team members if required, including reception, housekeeping, food & beverage and maintenance departments.
- Duty Managers will have stocks of additional masks and gloves for any guest or team member requests.
- The frequency of cleaning in public areas has been increased, including the lobby, elevator cabins and operating buttons, door handles, railings and public bathrooms, with the use of hospital grade disinfectant.
- Increased sanitisation in all guest rooms (see details below). In the restaurants and gym, water dispenser buttons/coffee machines are sanitised more regularly.
- Guest room key cards are sanitised upon return to reception
- Heightened meeting room sanitisation of all key high-touch points is carried out (see details below).
COMMUNICATIONS & TRAINING
- Mandatory Covid-19 safe training practices certification will be carried out to ensure team members are up to date on safety procedures and expectations.
- The importance of educating and reminding staff of safety operating protocols remain top of mind.
- Posters promoting washing of hands thoroughly and frequently; and the use of hand sanitisers have been placed in all back of house areas to further remind team members of the importance of these actions.
- Team members are continually reinforced of the importance of reporting any symptoms or observations to human Resources and Department Heads.
- State and Federal Government updates are shared during daily staff briefings.
- Comply with State Government regulations to ensure restaurants are safe both in distancing and density.
- Publicly display signed checklist as evidence of Covid-19 safe business compliance
- No self-serve buffet style food service areas, communal bar snacks, or communal condiments (following Government Guidelines)
- Continue to focus on protocols already in place with Food Safety/HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) accreditation, which guarantees the strictest hygiene practices across all areas of the hotel.
IN ROOM DINING
- Delivery and retrieval process is designed to minimise exposure in guest rooms.
- Guests are offered contactless delivery by leaving tables/trays outside the room after staff ring the doorbell and announce delivery.
- All food items are covered in transit.
- Mandatory staff hand sanitation will be enforced pre and post-delivery.
- Single use, contactless or virtual menus are available.
- We continue to observe the strictest hygiene practices on all service items.
- Guest room touch points are a primary focus.
- More intense sanitisation is carried out on telephones, remote controls, door handles, wardrobe handles, toilet seat & flusher, kettle, light switches, thermostats, hair driers, bottle openers, safes, mini bar fridges, bins and any other touch points.
- Removal of magazines from all guest rooms.
MEETINGS AND CONFERENCING
- Heightened sanitisation of all key high-touch points including, telephones, remote controls, light switches, cover or recess electrical outlets, chair arms, flip charts and markets etc.
- State Government regulations will be followed to ensure all meetings and events are complying with distancing and density regulations.
For the safety and health of our staff and the whole community, we are also asking all our guests to practice good general hygiene and if feeling unwell, to remain at home.
For further information we encourage you to visit the Australian Government Department of Health website or New Zealand Ministry of Health website (as appropriate) for the latest information, alerts and fact sheets for travellers.
We will continue to monitor the situation and Government health and workplace advice and update you with any significant developments.
For any specific enquiries regarding reservations, please contact the relevant hotel you are looking to book into.
Thank you for your understanding and support and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford Plaza Brisbane - QHA and QTIC Statements of Compliance [PDF]
Stamford Meet Safe
Together with our audiovisual partners, Stamford Hotels and Resorts is adjusting meeting formats, equipment packages, and providing recommendations that reduce risk and promote health within our meeting spaces.
Meeting design including amended room layout, traffic flow, technology considerations and enhanced cleaning procedures are at the heart of this offering; in addition to our broader Stamford Safe initiatives.
- Smaller groups and suggestions on best use of full venue.
- Frequent use of multiple rooms and multiple venues.
- Expectation not all attendees will be in the venue.
- Virtual/Hybrid components will be common.
- Enhancements to compliment new meeting designs and requirements including sound, aesthetics, single use items.
ROOM LAYOUTS AND TRAFFIC FLOW
- Physical distancing will increase the space requirements and (likely) reduce room capacities.
- Chair/Table layouts will change
- Increased directional signage for delegate movements.
- Enhanced cleaning for high touch items.
- 'Set and Leave’ for multiple uses in rooms.
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and our hotel teams the protections needed.
See more details here from Encore Event Technologies [PDF]